Even if you didn’t actually write anything down, you just can’t resist that need to push the ‘refresh’ button which comes along every January. It’s fun and it makes the dark days feel more promising and meaningful.
So, how are they going? Making progress? I’m glad to hear it.
Did you know that only 1 in 10 of the people reading this will achieve their resolutions? Eek. That’s quite scary. And a shame, too, because your resolutions were important, weren’t they? They would make quite a difference to your life – happier, more fulfilled, making more of a contribution. It’s a shame to abandon them. But that’s what 90% of you will have done by April 1.
- You weren’t totally clear about why you made the resolution in the first place.
- You didn’t conjure up in your mind the fabulous benefits you would get from seeing it through.
- You didn’t really believe you could do it.
- You didn’t take action and take it again, and again and again despite all the reasons not to.
- You let excuses, and old habits and old ways of thinking get in the way.
And bingo, your resolution hits the dust. For another year.
Don’t let this be you. If 2014 is the year when you really must make positive change in your life, be it finding a more fulfilling job, participating in an engaging and creative way in your community or tackling a nightmare work relationship, I would love to help.
Call me, Katie Duckworth, on 0208 772 7808 or contact me here to set up your no-obligation, no-cost discovery session to see how coaching could help you.